Xiaomi Mi M365 vs Xiaomi M365 Pro Comparison
We compare the venerable Xiaomi Mi M365 vs the new Xiaomi M365 Pro. Both electric scooters are deceptively similar. They have the same form factor, same design features, and share many of the same components. Both scooters feature the same 8.5″ pneumatic tires, same folding mechanism, and same types of disc brakes. However, make no mistake, the M365 Pro is a significant upgrade to the world’s most popular scooter.
Xiaomi M365 Advantages
The Xiaomi Mi M365 has retained its spot as the top entry-level scooter for good reason. It is an incredible balance of features, weight, and quality. It’s downward price creep on Amazon has helped it retain its incredible value, even as new scooter models have emerged.
Compared to the Mi M356 Pro, it has a few benefits:
- Lower 27 lb weight, making it easier to carry. For comparison, the M365 Pro weighs 31 lbs
- Lower cost — around $400 when on sale. Comparatively, the Xiaomi M365 Pro costs around $550 when on discount.
- Slightly smaller form factor, making it easier to store and handle when folded.
Xiaomi Mi M365 Pro Advantages
The Xiaomi Mi M365 PRO represents a significant step up from the Mi M365 and has improvements mostly related to battery and performance.
- Remarkable 25.1 miles of real-world range, according to our range tests. The added range is afforded by the 70% larger battery capacity of 474 watt hours. The original M365 has a battery capacity of 280 watt hours which gave a respectable 14.6 miles of real-world range.
- Significantly improved hill climbing capabilities. The PRO completed our hill climb test in 15.6 seconds, which took the M365 20.8 seconds.
- Quicker acceleration on the flat due to larger 300 watt motor with greater 600 watt peak power output. The M365 has a smaller 250 watt motor that provides only 500 watts of peak power output. During our M365 PRO acceleration tests, it hit 15 mph (24 kmh) in 5.3 seconds compared to the original M365 which took 6.3 seconds.
- Built in information display which provides speed, battery, mode, and other information.
- Larger deck gives more comfortable ride. The new deck is approximately 5 cm longer and 1 cm wider than the original deck. Despite being only a modest increase in size, this greatly expands the possible riding positions and gives your feet more places to go. Switching back to the original M365 feels cramped after riding on the larger deck.
Verdict: Xiaomi M365 Pro
The Xiaomi M365 Pro is the clear winner of the two scooters. It delivers more range, power, and climbing capabilities than the original. Though both have the same top speed, the bigger motor gives more thrilling acceleration. For a modest bump in price, the M365 Pro adds a ton of extra value and extends the capabilities of an already fantastic scooter.
If you don’t need the extra range or the Xiaomi Pro exceeds your price limit, then the M365 is still a fantastic scooter.