Xiaomi M365 vs Segway ES2
The storied Xiaomi Mi M365 and ultra-popular Segway Ninebot ES2 are some of the most well-known and abundant electric scooters available today.
Xiaomi Mi M365 Advantages
- Dual 8.5″ pneumatic tires that provide great traction for fast braking and performance in slippery conditions.
- Better braking system (mechanical disc brake vs foot brake)
- M365 real world range is 14.6 miles, 50% more than the ES2 real world range @ 9.8 miles.
- Much better performance in a 200 ft, 15% grade hill climb test: 21.8 seconds, vs the Segway with 36.9 seconds.
- Repair parts and information is widely available
Segway Ninebot ES2 Advantages
- Brighter, more featured LCD display
- More refined folding mechanism
Main differences: Segway ES2 vs Xiaomi M365
The Xiaomi Mi M365, aside from a slightly less powerful electric motor, is a vastly superior electric scooter compared to the Ninebot ES2. The main benefits of the Mi M365 compared to the Segway ES2 are:
- Larger battery capacity = significantly greater range (almost 50% more!)
- Many available repair parts where the ES2 has none
- Huge support community for Mi M365 repairs and modifications
- The M365 is a much less expensive scooter
- Pneumatic tires provide a cushioned ride without the added weight and components of the suspension
Verdict: Xiaomi Mi M365
The Xiaomi Mi M365 is a vastly superior electric scooter compared to the Segway Ninebot ES2.
The Xiaomi M365 has better brakes, significantly greater range, and similar acceleration and top speed as the Ninebot ES2. We wanted to give the Ninebot a fighting chance, but the ES2 simply can’t hang and the M365 dominates this comparison at every level.
Additionally, it tends to be priced 20-40% less than the ES2.
Think the M365 can’t possibly be better?