Xiaomi M365 vs Segway ES2
We compare the Xiaomi M365 vs Segway Ninebot ES2. The storied Xiaomi Mi M365 and ultra-popular Segway Ninebot ES2 are some of the most well-known and abundant electric scooters available today.
However, we strongly believe that the Xiaomi Mi M365 is clearly the better scooter — read on to discover why.
Xiaomi Mi M365 Pros
- Dual 8.5″ pneumatic tires that provide great traction for fast braking and performance in slippery conditions.
- Better braking system (mechanical disc brake vs foot brake)
- Greater real world range (14.6 miles). This is 50% more than the 9.8 mile ES2 real world range.
- Better hill climb performance during testing (21.8 seconds) compared to the ES2 (36.9 seconds).
- Better acceleration to 15 mph.
- Repair parts and information is widely available
Segway ES2 Pros
- Brighter, more featured LCD display
- More refined folding mechanism
Xiaomi Mi M365 vs. Segway Ninebot ES2 Comparison
**Based on Electric Scooter Guide’s real-world performance testing and not manufacturer’s specs.
|Xiaomi Mi M365||Segway Ninebot ES2|
|Top Speed**||16.7 mph||16 mph|
|Range**||14.6 mi||9.8 mi|
|Weight||27 lb||28 lb|
|0 to 15 mph**||6.3 s||7.1 s|
|15 to 0 mph**||16.8 ft||17.7 ft|
|Hill climb time**||20.8 s||36.9 s|
|Battery||280 Wh||187 Wh|
|Motor||250 W||300 W|
|Max rider weight||220 lb||220 lb|
|Suspension||None||Front + Rear|
|Brakes||Regen + Disc||Regen + Foot|
Verdict: Xiaomi M365
The key differences between the Mi M365 compared to the Segway ES2 are:
- Larger battery capacity = significantly greater range (almost 50% more!)
- Many available repair parts where the ES2 has none
- Huge support community for Mi M365 repairs and modifications
- The M365 is a much less expensive scooter
- Pneumatic tires provide a cushioned ride without the added weight and components of the suspension
The Xiaomi Mi M365 is a vastly superior electric scooter on all fronts and is even less expensive.
The Xiaomi M365 has better brakes, significantly greater range, quicker acceleration and similar top speed as the Ninebot ES2. We wanted to give the Ninebot a fighting chance, but the ES2 simply can’t hang and the M365 dominates this comparison at every level.
Additionally, it tends to be priced 20-40% less than the ES2.