Unagi Model One vs Xiaomi Mi M365
We compare the Unagi Model One vs Xiaomi Mi M365 in this head-to-head comparison article.
The Model One — a new offering from Unagi — is the best designed and most premium electric scooter available on the market today. The Xiaomi M365 is the world’s most popular workhorse scooter.
How do they compare and which one is better? Read on to find out!
Unagi vs M653
Unagi Model One Advantages
- Unagi has a bigger deck (18.5″) vs the Xiaomi (16″). The longer deck makes a significant difference for riding position / comfort.
- Hill climbing is slightly better due to dual motors.
- More beautiful, futuristic-looking interface.
- Unagi are perfect in terms of feeling, ergonomics, simplicity
- Zero worries about flats or tire maintenance because of the honeycomb tires
- Unagi is a few lbs lighter (22 or 24 lbs) vs the M365 (26 lbs). It seems like a small amount, but every pound counts for portability.
- Stronger folding mechanism that is super easy to use and faster than that of the M365.
- The Unagi is a better-looking scooter from the future. It has more beautiful paint and more elegant design.
- The Unagi one year warrant is the best in the industry. If there is a problem with your scooter they will send you a new one and handle shipping both ways — that’s huge!
- The Model One has a beautiful, bright display for speed, odometer and battery whereas the Xiaomi M365 has none.
Xiaomi Mi M365 Advantages
- The Xiaomi has longer range than the Unagi is less at 9.13 miles (14.7 km) vs the Xiaomi at 14.6 miles (13.5 km).
- Ride quality on M365 is better due to larger (8.5 in vs 7.5 in) pneumatic (air-filled) tires.
- Costs about 1/2 that of the more premium Unagi (dual motor version).
Main differences: Unagi vs Xiaomi Comparison
Unagi is the premium product. It is a seriously nicely designed scooter with super-premium feeling looks, construction, design, and ergonomics. It’s as Tesla-like as any electric scooter that exists today.
The M365 is a more ordinary-looking scooter that is a very solid choice and excellent value. This is the Honda Civic of electric scooters.
Both the Unagi and Xiaomi are great scooters and you can’t go wrong with either.
If you want the Unagi, then you know you want the Unagi. For you, the design and slight edge in weight overwhelm the features of the M365 and the price-point isn’t a consideration.
From a purely cost/benefit/value perspective, the M365 — a nicely designed and workhorse electric scooter — is the clear winner.