Xiaomi M365 vs Unagi Model One
We compare the Unagi Model One vs Xiaomi Mi M365 in this head-to-head comparison article.
The Model One — a new offering from Unagi — is the best designed and most premium electric scooter available on the market today. The Xiaomi M365 is the world’s most popular workhorse scooter.
How do they compare and which one is better? Read on to find out!
Xiaomi Mi M365 Pros
- Longer real-world range. The Unagi is less at 9.13 miles (14.7 km) vs the Xiaomi at 14.6 miles (13.5 km).
- Ride quality on M365 is better due to larger (8.5 in vs 7.5 in) pneumatic (air-filled) tires.
- Costs about 1/2 that of the more premium Unagi (E500).
Unagi Model One (E500) Pros
- Unagi has a bigger deck (18.5″) vs the Xiaomi (16″). The longer deck makes a significant difference in riding position/comfort.
- Hill climbing is better due to dual motors.
- More beautiful, futuristic-looking interface.
- Unagi is perfect in terms of feel, ergonomics, simplicity
- Zero worries about flats or tire maintenance because of the honeycomb tires
- Unagi is slightly lighter.
- Stronger folding mechanism that is super easy to use and faster than that of the M365.
- The Unagi is a better-looking scooter from the future. It has more beautiful paint and a more elegant design.
- The Model One has a beautiful, bright display for speed, odometer, and battery whereas the Xiaomi M365 has none.
Xiaomi Mi M365 vs. Unagi Model One Comparison
**Based on Electric Scooter Guide’s real-world performance testing and not manufacturer’s specs.
|Xiaomi Mi M365||Unagi Model One (E500)|
|Top Speed**||16.7 mph||20 mph|
|Range**||14.6 mi||8.5 mi|
|Weight||27 lb||26 lb|
|0 to 15 mph**||6.3 s||4.4 s|
|15 to 0 mph**||16.8 ft||16.9 ft|
|Hill climb time**||20.8 s||12.5 s|
|Battery||280 Wh||282 Wh|
|Motor||250 W||250 W (2X)|
|Max rider weight||220 lb||275 lb|
|Brakes||Regen + Disc||Regen + Foot|
Unagi is the premium product. It is a seriously nicely designed scooter with super-premium feeling looks, construction, design, and ergonomics.
The M365 is a more ordinary-looking scooter that is a very solid choice and excellent value. This is the Honda Civic of electric scooters. From a purely cost/benefit/value perspective, the M365 — a nicely designed and workhorse electric scooter — is the clear winner.
Unagi Model One
If you want the Unagi, then you know you want the Unagi. For you, the design and slight edge in weight overwhelm the features of the M365 and the price-point isn’t a consideration.