Kaabo Mantis vs Kaabo Mantis Pro
Both the Kaabo Mantis and Kaabo Mantis Pro are venerable scooters from one of the most established brands in monsters scooters. The base version of the Kaabo Mantis is beast and the Kaabo Mantis Pro is that same beast on steroids.
Read on to find out how the Mantis compares to the Mantis Pro.
- Less costly. The Kaabo Mantis base version is typically a few hundred USD less expensive than the Pro. This can be a major benefit if you don’t nee
Kaabo Mantis Pro
- Faster acceleration. The Pro has faster acceleration all the way up to 35 mph (9.3 seconds) compared to the Kaabo Mantis base version, which takes 11.2 seconds.
- Longer range. The Mantis Pro has 33.7 miles of tested range (compared to 29.1 miles of the base Mantis).
- Fully-hydraulic disc brakes. The Pro has super smooth fully-hydraulic disc brakes that offer incredible control and braking power. The Mantis base has semi-hydraulic brakes which are not quite as smooth, though still much better than mechanical disc brakes.
- Larger, brand-name LG batteries. The Pro has 1470 watt-hour LG batteries which gives longer range at higher speed, compared to the 1050 watt-hour generic battery.
- Higher torque motors. The Pro has motors that offer 33 newton-meters of torque, compared to the 27 newton-meter for the base version.
- Higher powered controllers. The Pro has 27-amp controllers vs the 25-amp controllers of the base version. This translates to being able to send more power to motors which means faster acceleration and higher torque.
Kaabo Mantis vs. Kaabo Mantis Pro Comparison
**Based on Electric Scooter Guide’s real-world performance testing and not manufacturer’s specs.
|Kaabo Mantis||Kaabo Mantis Pro|
|Top Speed**||37.6 mph||37.3 mph|
|Range**||29.1 mi||33.7 mi|
|Weight||65 lb||65 lb|
|0 to 15 mph**||2.5 s||2 s|
|0 to 20 mph**||3.9 s||2.8 s|
|0 to 25 mph**||5.2 s||4.1 s|
|0 to 30 mph**||7.7 s||5.8 s|
|0 to 35 mph**||11.2 s||9.3 s|
|15 to 0 mph**||11.1 ft||10.2 ft|
|Hill climb time**||9.2 s||7.9 s|
|Battery||1050 Wh||1470 Wh|
|Motor||2000 W||2000 W|
|Motor Torque||27 Nm||33 Nm|
|Controller||25 A||27 A|
|Max rider weight||265 lb||265 lb|
|Suspension||Front + Rear||Front + Rear|
The Pro is faster, more powerful with better range. It has upgraded fully-hydraulic brakes and Minimotors throttle. The only downside, compared to the base version is the the increased cost.