Inokim Light 2 vs E-TWOW GT 2020
The Inokim Light 2 is an excellent balance of style and substance, specifically for lighter riders, while the Booster GT offers more speed, portability and comfort, and is slightly better built for heavier riders.
If you’re in the market for an ultraportable, ultra-commuter for daily travel, the Light 2 and Booster GT are both excellent choices made for slightly different riders and terrain.
Inokim Light 2 Pros
- The longest range ultraportable in the market, the Light 2 beats the Booster GT by a little less than a mile with of range.
- Stronger curb appeal with a top-notch quality design, including an easy-to-grip blade-style stem and contrast-colored cabling
- Built for lighter riders, with lower clearance on a wider, shorter deck and a max load of 220 lbs.
- Good on the go with a cutout in the front of the stem for securing to a bike rack with a U-lock along with a sturdy, stem locking lever to keep the scooter upright, the Light 2 is good for urban commuting.
- More comfortable handlebars with the Light 2’s handlebars measuring 19 in to the GT’s minimal 15-in handlebar width, which is narrower than a standard keyboard.
- Pneumatic (inner tube) tires provide better traction and handling over smooth or wet surfaces than the solid tires on the Booster GT.
- Dual drum brakes have stronger stopping power than the rear drum and front electronic brake on the Booster GT.
E-TWOW GT 2020 Pros
- Better acceleration The Light 2 and Booster GT are closely matched up to 15 mph but acceleration from 0 to 20 mph on the Booster GT is more than double the acceleration of the Light 2.
- Slightly more portable The Booster GT has a smaller folded footprint, spring-loaded folding handlebars, and a convenient carrying handle, making it a little easier to fold and unfold and take with you on the go.
- Built for larger riders with taller telescoping handlebars, a longer, higher-riding deck, dual suspension, and a max load of 280 lbs.
- With a tested top speed of 23.4 mph, the Booster GT maintains it’s rank as the boss of ultraportables, with a top speed about 3 miles faster than the Light 2.
- Stronger climber reaching the 200-foot mark up the 10% grade hill test about 25% faster than the Light 2.
- More than $150 less than the Light 2 with our exclusive coupon code.
- Customer service with UScooters is highly rated by scooter riders, and has a tested 30-minute response time for customer support.
Both the Inokim Light 2 and E-TWOW GT 2020 / UScooters Booster GT are built for comfortable commuting, with lightweight designs, thumb-controlled throttles, and good range for their size — but each is built a little better for a specific rider and handles better on a specific terrain.
The Booster GT is built better for larger riders, with a higher max rider weight, handlebars that telescope to 39.2 inches, a longer deck, and dual suspension. It has more power to accelerate through traffic and up hills along with a smaller folded footprint and carrying handle for excellent commuting portability. On rougher roads and coming down curbs, the Booster GT’s higher deck height and dual suspension makes a big difference, cushioning the ride and keeping you from bottoming out. Along with flat-free solid tires, the GT can handle uneven terrain better than the Light 2.
Available in the US from UScooters with $60 off discount code: electric-scooter.guideGT
The Light 2, which has no suspension but road-hugging, air-filled tires, handles really well over smooth paved roads and on rough corners with its low center of gravity, but it will scrape coming down curbs with only 220 lb of ground clearance. The Light 2 is slightly better built for smaller riders, and is made by Inokim — a brand known for focusing on comfort, design, and build quality over tire-spinning power. With slower kick-to-start acceleration and less hill-climbing ability than the Booster GT, it’s great getting commuters up to speed but not a powerhouse. With stronger dual brakes and pneumatic tires, the Light 2 is a slightly safer, lower octane ride.
Available in the US from Fluid Freeride with $100 off discount code AND $100 free accessories (add accessories to cart): ESG4INOKIM100