Our review process, which we use for every scooter, has multiple parts and typically takes 2-3 weeks to complete.
1. Unboxing and assembly. The review starts the moment we receive the scooter. We answer questions such as: How well was it packaged? Was anything damaged during shipping? Was it easy to assemble? Did the scooter require any adjustments in order to get working properly.
2. Initial riding. Two of our team members will ride the electric scooter for one week each and typically putting at least 100 miles on the scooter and putting it through numerous charging/discharging cycles. Each team member will maintain copious notes during their ride testing
3. Performance testing. We perform extensive performance testing using a professional Racelogic GPS-logging unit. Our tests include: acceleration, braking distance, range, and hill climb tests.
4. Review. Our team members get together and share riding notes, look over performance data and make comparisons to other scooters we’ve reviewed. The written and video reviews are the impressions of multiple experts and are better at telling the whole story than a single reviewer alone.
5. Long-term testing. Even after the review is written, we will continue putting miles on the scooter and making updates to the reviews if our impressions change. The purpose of this type of testing is to make sure the scooter holds up in time. We typically do this until we have to return the test scooter.