Xiaomi M365 vs Levy
We compare two 27 lb mid-priced electric scooters: the Xiaomi Mi M365 vs Levy.
The Xiaomi is one of the most popular electric scooters and the compromises the majority of scooter sharing fleets. It represents an excellent balance of range, quality, price and weight.
The Levy electric scooter is a faster, more powerful up-and-comer with a unique trick up its sleeve — a 3.3 lb removable battery pack. The pack can be swapped in and out of the scooter in 10 seconds and gives an extra 9 miles of real-world range.
Which scooter should be crowned king at 27 lbs? Read on to find out!
Xiaomi Mi M365 Advantages
- The Mi scooter performed better in our real-world range test — traveling 14.6 mi on a single charge vs the Levy’s 8.9 mi
- The M365 can typically be had for $100 less than the Levy
- Levy has a 19″, 3.3 lb removable battery that gives you the freedom to charge away from the scooter and to increase range with an extra battery
- The Levy has faster acceleration — going from 0 to 15 mph in 6 seconds vs 8 seconds for the Xiaomi Mi
- Levy has superior tubeless pneumatic tires that are less flat prone and readily repaired with tire slime
- Levy has a built-in LCD speedometer and battery display, whereas the M365 requires smart phone with installed Xiaomi app for speed and odometer information
- Levy has an incredible 6 months warranty with scooter shipped payed for both ways if there is a problem; after 6 months parts are free but you pay for shipping
Main differences: Xiaomi vs Levy
The Xiaomi Mi M365 and Levy electric scooters share many things in common, including similar braking performance, quality, and design.
The Levy is the more powerful scooter with the unique removable battery. It has better tires and best-in-class warranty. However, a single battery will get you only about 9 miles of range in its fastest mode.
To extend the range another 9 miles you’ll have to drop ~$139 for an extra battery pack that pushes the total price nearly $239 above the Mi scooter. This puts you in the range of the Zero 8 / Horizon electric scooter — an even more powerful scooter 26 miles of real-world range.
Verdict: Lean toward Xiaomi Mi Scooter
If you don’t have a need for removable battery, then the Xiaomi Mi M365 has a bit less acceleration and top speed, but will give you 14.6 miles of real-world range and tends to have a lower price-point.
However, if you need a removable battery — or just like having one — then the Levy is the absolute best choice. Or, if you’re willing to trade away a few miles of range for better acceleration and upgraded tubeless pneumatic tires, then the Levy is also a good choice.