Chuck Temple chats with Dagwood Streets about best scooters, thumb throttles, tire slime and more on the Electric Scooter PodcastListen to “Part 2 with ESG’s Founder, Chuck Temple and E-Scooter News!” on Spreaker.
In the 8th episode of the Electric Scooter Podcast, Dagwood covers a wide range of topics with Chuck, including the best electric scooters, their favorite ESG content, and which scooter features do and don’t make sense.
Best scooter for a first time buyer
When asked, Chuck responded without hesitation that the Segway Ninebot Max is the best electric scooter for beginners and first time buyers, as it suits so many riders for different lifestyles and uses, paramount among them commuting.
There’s a reason the Ninebot Max replaced the Xiaomi Mi M365 as the model used by shared scooter services, as it’s got a ridiculously rock solid build and, although a little boring, is a stalwart long-term performer.
Best all-around scooter (for Chuck)
As expected, it’s not really possible to name a perfect scooter for everyone, as that does not exist, but for Chuck the best all-around scooter is the Inokim OXO. In the past couple years, some of Chuck’s favorite scooters have included the Inokim OX (the OXO’s single motor little brother), Kaabo Mantis 8, Apollo Explore, and Zero 9.
Favorite ESG content
In the podcast, Dagwood and Chuck talk about the possibility of more episodes of Scooter Hunters, in which Chuck helps a first time scooter buyer choose the best scooter for them based on their lifestyle and location. We’ve had three episodes so far, you can check them out below:
SCOOTER HUNTERS EPISODE 1: Uncle Jim Hunts the Perfect Country Scooter
AIRRACK Scoots Across Florida | SCOOTER HUNTERS EPISODE 2
Scooter Hunters Live: Couples Edition Headed to Hollywood | ESG Liveshow #73
Thumb, trigger and twist throttle preferences
They also discuss throttles, and Chuck explains that he had always recommended thumb throttles for more ergonomic driving, but has found over time that not all thumb throttles are created equal. When testing out three throttle styles on the EMOVE Touring, we found the thumb throttle to be difficult to reach and more difficult to modulate than the trigger and twist throttles. We liked the twist throttle the best, as it provided the most natural speed modulation and ergonomic control.
When it comes to the overall benefits of riding an electric scooter (not only to get you from point A to B but also environmentally), we’d like to use Dagwood’s phrasing:
We totally agree, Dagwood!
To find out Chuck’s and Dagwood’s thoughts on riding at night, whether or not tire slime is worth it, and if keystart ignitions deter thieves, listen to the podcast above.
Follow our weekly ESG Scooter News and join us on the ESG Liveshow, every Tuesday @ 5 PM PST on Youtube. You can also sign up for our monthly e-newsletter, so you never miss any of our scooter content.
Ride safe, and don’t forget to wear a helmet!
- VIDEO: How to Save the World, One Electric Scooter at a TimeVIDEO: Want to save the world? Take the pledge to travel by electric scooter on those good weather days for a cleaner, better place for all.
- Protected:There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.
- Kaabo Wolf King Review: Quarantine Isn’t Stopping This 60 MPH Beast ScooterIn this Kaabo Wolf King review, witness the 60 mph top speed of this high performance beast that cannot be stopped, even by quarantine.
- VIDEO: Scoot America: One Man’s Mission to Make a Global Impact on a Wolf Warrior 11+Alex Simon dives into the goal behind Scoot America, his epic cross-country trip on historic Route 20 on a Kaabo Wolf Warrior starting May 2.
- What’s the Best Scooter for a First Time Buyer? Find Out in This PodcastChuck Temple chats with Dagwood Streets about the best scooters, thumb throttles, tire slime and more on the Electric Scooter Podcast.
Sign up for our once-monthly mailer for exclusive discounts and the latest electric scooter reviews and news.